ABout
Welcome ♡
I'm Mindy, all I do here is blog about circle lens reviews, make-up reviews, tutorials and other stuff. I hope you enjoy my blog.
See you around ♡


Follow me on Facebook



Instagram
@shyalpaca

Search







Lovelies ♡


Follow


upcoming posts
Skinfood Black Sugar Strawberry
HERA UV Mist Cushion in #23
Aritaum Mono Eyes #Steal Away
VT Collagen Pact
Missha M Magic Cushion #23
A'Pieu Air Fit Cushion #21
Peri Pera Ink The Velvet #14
A'pieu Water Light Tint #RD03
Banila Co. CC Cream
Adaline Keep Cool Sheet Masks
Tony Moly Gel Eyeliner in brown
Jayjun Gold Snow Black Mask
Jayjun Real Water Mask
Jayjun Multi-Vita Tone Up Mask

Contact

Giveaways
♡ No giveaway at the moment ♡
Please come back later!

disclaimer
Layout: Mindy ♡
All reviews on this blog are 100% my own honest opinions. Photos and content on this blog are all mine unless stated otherwise.

Do not use them without my permission!

Keep in mind that I used precious time out of my life to work on this.
Thanks!


  MAC Eyeshadow Review ♥ (#Expensive Pink)
_
Hello everyone~~!
Today, I will review an eyeshadow from MAC in shade #Expensive Pink!
This is my first MAC eyeshadow ever and you probably already saw this eyeshadow in my haul post~ I only bought it because I felt like spoiling myself and I always wanted to have a MAC eyeshadow haha.

I wasn't sure wether to get expensive pink, soft brown or soba but I decided to go for this because it reminded me a little of the NARS Orgasm Blush and I still wasn't sure if I should invest that much money in a basic matte brown eyeshadow (maybe next time !!).


MAC Eyeshadow in Expensive Pink
- A highly pigmented powder that applies evenly and blends well.

Price: 19€ (16$ in the US)
Ingredients: Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol,Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Mica,Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green,Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Red 40 Al Lake, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Al Lake, Blue 1 Lake
1.3 g / 0.04 US oz
Available in 120 shades!



Packaging






















MAC Expensive Pink (Veluxe Pearl)


The eyeshadow pot looks pretty sturdy and easy to carry around because it's really small. Like mentioned above, the shade expensive pink has this really nice golden shimmer? which reminds me of the well known 'Orgasm' Blusher from Nars ^-^ ♥ I think this colour looks soo pretty and would be perfect for spring or even for a daily and glamorous makeup look ~



Here are some swatches (no primer)

To be honest, the colour doesn't look pink at all, it's more of a peachy-gold color and you can make it look more vibrant by applying several layers and using a primer so it's quite buildable (I didn't use a primer on the swatches)


MAC Expensive Pink on my eyes (no primer)













It was extremely hard to catch the real eyeshadow color on my eyes but this is the closest I could get to >.< It looks a little more peachy gold in person and the small gold shimmer particles are more obvious too~!

One thing I noticed is that it starts to crease into my fine wrinkles after 2 hours (no primer). It's not that obvious after 2 hours but if you look reaaally closely you will be able to see that it has creased >.< I'm super disappointed because it was an expensive eyeshadow and I think that I can expect it to stay on my lids for at least 3 to 4 hours with no primer! There are many cheap eyeshadows that stay longer on my lids than this one! I'm not sure if its the same with the other eyeshadows from MAC. However, it does stay on my lids almost all day if I use a primer but it seems to faint into a really sheer gold shade at the end of the day.

The pigmentation is really, REALLY good and I love how this colour looks on my eyes! It looks really fresh and exotic haha.



    What I like about it
- pigmentation
- gold shimmers ♥
- buildable colour
- easy to blend
- huge variety of shades (120 shades!)
- small packaging (easy to carry around)

What I don't like about it
- creases if you don't use an eyeshadow primer
- expensive
- not a lot of product (1.3g for 19€)



Overall Rating:
I like MAC eyeshadows so far and would repurchase a few more in another colour (soft brown, soba, honeylust *-*). The pigmentation is great, I love the huge variety of colours they have and I think they're great for beginners!

However, If you don't have a lot of money and would need to save up to get it.... just go with a another brand.. To be honest, There are many eyeshadows for a more affordable price and you really don't need to pay like 10$ more for an eyeshadows that is a littleeee bit better than cheap ones (just my two cents). Go for these if you have enough money, want to get a colour thats hard to find or want to spoil yourself with more expensive makeup~~!


Please follow me on my beauty instagram @shyalpaca


Thanks for reading my review ♥
Leave a comment below and follow me if you haven't yet ♥




Labels: , , , ,


Blogger Robin Valentine said on February 13, 2017 at 1:39 PM  

the color looks really really good on you! too bad is creases quite a bit but thank god for primer :)

Post a Comment





< OLDER POSTS | NEWER POSTS>



©Copyright Mymychen.
I hope you will have a lovely day! ♡